Answered

Display localized text in Custom bot chat on website based on visitors settings

• 29 August 2022
  • 5 replies

We want to post a welcome message in visitors langauge in a Custom bot on our website.

Based on what I can see there is no way to do that. It does state that "The first path cannot be reordered or deleted"

From the second path/step it is possible to add a Custom action that would allow us to display e.g. a phone number based on a visitors country.

However that means we will not be able to greet a customer in their language based on country from the first message in custom bots. Could be I'm missing something?

As seen in the attached pictures Welcome message (first message/path) in Custom bot it is not possible to add a value e.g. If country is Spain - Then display phone number. As mentioned above it would be something done with Custom actions but there is no way to do so in the first message/path/step in Custom bots.

icon

Best answer by Milan 30 August 2022, 13:24

View original

5 replies

It is something that is possible. Now I just need to figure out how this company did it 😐

This is a screenshot from GetAccept and they detect that I am from Denmark and thus they message me in Danish. This is what I want! 😎

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

There is a simple way to do it - just duplicate the existing bot you have, translate the content and set it to run for a specific country. Also, the original bot should have exclusion of that country in its rules.

p.s. I do hate that the initial message in the bot can not be customized as others in the flow, that you can not add multiple chat lines and actions...

Also, it would be great if dynamic content can be used in a bot too! @Product Wishlist​ 

It still makes me think about this... 😐

How did they at GetAccept get a bot to open with a localized message?

Could it be the standard greeting in the Messenger they have used?

In that case how does Messenger know where a visitor is coming from?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

What they are using is a simple automated chat message.

If they have that in multiple languages it means they have multiple messages -OR- one message with a dynamic element. Whatever the case is, the content is displayed based on the Country perhaps, which is based on visitors' IP addresses. It can also be based on Browser language.

Thank you four help Milan. I did also reach out to Intercom support in order to figure out if we could Custom actions/Custom objects, however it was not possible. So the only option is to duplicate and translate the bots and add an audience rule in each bot for the language.