Answered

How can I access the conversation ID in a custom action?

• 15 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I'm trying to create a custom action that calls a webhook with the conversation ID when a new message is received. The action builder says "You can use the selector ({...}) to pass Intercom attribute values in your request body." however there are no "Conversation attributes" that I can select. How can I add the conversation ID to the request payload?

Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 11.53.29

icon

Best answer by Racheal 19 August 2022, 00:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @greg m12​ Racheal from the Support Engineer team here 👋

Only the conversation attributes listed under Settings > App Data > Conversation data will be visible in the dropdown menu. Other standard conversation attributes such as Conversation ID are not currently available.

The good news is, the team is working on adding support for using the conversation ID in custom actions request body. So hopefully we will see that functionality in place soon. 📿

Badge

@Racheal 
Is there already an option to get the conversation ID in the request body somehow?
I want to create a custom action sending a POST request when a note was added by someone in a conversation.
This POST request should have the conversation ID in the body.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi there @User2149 and @Greg M12 

You can access the Conversation ID attribute by looking under the ‘Conversation Attributes’ section of the variable dropdown when creating a Custom Action and selecting the Conversation ID variable.