Answered

How can I create a link that contains the utm parameters as attributes?

• 9 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I'd like to create a link that contains attributes from the user:

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 4.28.03 PM 

But when doing so, I cannot find the utm parameters in the attributes list:

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 3.10.56 PM 

I basically want to create a link like the following

https://sample.com?utm_medium=medium&utm_source=source&utm_campaign=campaign

where the utm parameters are the ones which the user had before opening the conversation with the bot.

If this is currently not possible through the intercom interface, would this be possible using custom scripts? I see this developer post on github that could be a solution, but dunno even how should I implement such script.

Thanks

Gas

icon

Best answer by Shauna 14 November 2022, 16:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @gaston​ 👋🏼

You need to be tracking UTM parameters in Intercom to use them in 'dynamic values'. This is probably why it's not showing up for you.

Check out this article about tracking UTM parameters here - https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/908965-track-conversions-and-clicks-with-utm-parameters./p>

If you are tracking them and they still aren't showing up, it might be a good idea to reach out to our Support via the messenger so we can dig deeper into this for you 🔎

Hi @shauna o11​! thanks for your answer.

As I understand, UTM paramenters are tracked automatically by Intercom. It's mentioned in the article you shared. Meaning, they are always tracked.

What's not automatic is making them available as 'dynamic values'. Do you know a way of making them available?

Thanks!

Gas

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @gaston​ 👋🏼

They should automatically be available there if they're tracked correctly! If they aren't showing for you - it might be a good shout to reach out to our Intercom support via the messenger for us to be able to dig into this deeper for you 🕵🏻‍♀️

If you do reach out, mention you had been speaking with me, Shauna on the FORUM & provide the URL to the Custom Bot for the agent to dig into 🔥