Answered

How can I send users from one bot to another?

• 21 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I am trying to figure out a way to link between bots. I would like to be able to have users jump to a different bot if they go down a specific path. This would allow me to have a bunch of smaller bots, rather than one large bot which covers all topics. 

icon

Best answer by Milan 22 April 2021, 01:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @user883​ 👋, Afraid it's not possible to link bots.

It's only possible to trigger a second outbound bot when the first one is completed however, this will create a separate conversation.

I hope this will be helpful 😇

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @user883​ 

I understand how difficult can be to maintain a huge bot - I'm doing it and it can be nightmare 😃

As Roy said, there is no built-in way to do it.

What you can do, that will work only in one specific case, is that you tag a person, within the bot, going down one path and then when that bot is finished you trigger the next bot based on the tag and previous bot completion (within Series). But mind that this will work only once, as tags are set once and a user can not be untagged automatically (like, to have a feature that will do this at the end of the final bot).

Would something like this solve it for you?

Wow! This post is pretty old! There is a new option to create a bot that takes "from another bot" the problem now is that I cannot find any documentation about it.