Answered

How can my Custom bot only appear when an user clicks on "Send us a message"?

• 8 September 2020
  • 4 replies

I tried changing the option in this button: But it still doesn't work properly.

I want the bot to appear when the user clicks on "Send us a message", but right now, it's appearing exactly when they just logged in. And it is kind of aggressive, especially since my bot is just asking things like more info on bug reports, or Q&As, etc.

I would really appreciate the help! This is my first time using Interconnected.😁

icon

Best answer by Titho 9 September 2020, 02:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey Ana, when you first built your bot, did you select the "From a button" option? If it's appearing when they log in, it sounds like you've built a bot that triggers for certain audience rules.

Badge +3

Ana, as Eric mentioned this would probably be the bot type as I have some demo bots do that.

Outbound would pop it up and prompt (the aggressive option)

From a new conversation is the one you would want which on clicking 'New Conversation' triggers the custombot.

I would also double check any taskbots that may be on as they sometimes can fire for users irrespective of custombot rules.

Thank you @eric f11​ and @craig​ , it worked!!

Also, do you have any ideas if Intercom offers custom bots in more than one language? We have a wide audience of Spanish speakers, and it would be interesting for interact with the bot too.

Does it work like the Articles section?

Userlevel 1

It's entirely up to you what text is shown in a Custom Bot and in what language, so the possibilities are endless!

When it comes to our task bots, these are also available in Spanish - if you set your Messenger's primary language to Spanish, that'll kick in!