Answered

Is it possible to setup a custom action in which the user uploads an image (to and endpoint of an AWS lambda), which then gets stored as link in a custom attribute on the user?

The use case is that a customer could register their product and upload a picture of their receipt and product. We then listen for that and create a case in our NetSuite application from that information. I know you can upload images through the Messenger already, but I did not think you could (nor have I found a way) to get those images out of Intercom.

I know you can do POST and PUT actions in the custom action, but it appears you have to pre-fill the information, which is not sufficient for what I need to do.

icon

Best answer by Aparna 12 July 2022, 16:42

View original

3 replies

Hey @chris c13​ ! Images/gifs uploaded to a conversation using the image or gif icons, will not be considered as attachments and won't be included in the {attachments} section of the API response. Only files added using the attachment icon will appear in this section.

If you add an image/gif using the appropriate icon, the URL will appear in the body of the response as shown here

Aparna,

Thanks for the reply. I don't see an attachment icon, or is the attachment only available in the inbox. It would be easier to have files available as attachments and not in the body, and even then, the files only exist for 30 minutes, it seems. Otherwise, I'm having to write some parsing out of the particular body which includes html. If the response included the image without the html, that would be best.

I see that the attachment icon is only in the inbox, which doesn't help me at all. I'm assuming the best solution is going to have to be an external solution since you don't seem to have solutions where I can get the images into my NetSuite CRM.