Answered

When inserting a bot into series, is it possible to send customers to an existing re-usable bot instead of having to build a new one?

• 30 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Trying to point customers to an existing re-usable bot i've built, but when trying to point people in Series, it just asks to build a new one - not use an existing one.

icon

Best answer by Milan 1 November 2022, 22:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@user1046​ Hi there 😉

You can copy already existing bot flow into the Series as a bot, by choosing (see image below) More > Copy existing messages into Series > and then in the pop-up find the bot you'd like to copy BUT the re-usable bots are currently not in the list, which is strange. I see no reason for this. I see that also the flow of the Bot from a new conversation is not supported.

@Product Wishlist​ 

image.png 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I came to an idea of how this can be done, but it is only partially. Still, it can not be done for the Re-usable Bot.

I was thinking to duplicate the Re-usable Bot into a regular Outbound Bot (as that can be imported in Series) but this duplication is also not available. BUT it is available for Bots that are triggered from a new conversation (that also can not be added to the Series) - so for them, first you duplicate them and then insert them.

Might help someone... 🙂

Cheers @user382​ I had a similar thought after reading your first answer. Good to know you still cant copy the reusable bot but there is a slight workaround. I think on this situation, I will have to just build a bot as needed. Thanks for your help.