API call to fetch help articles?

Is there some API method that I can use to download help articles?
Get the list of articles on a topic (as a precursor?)?

Hey Kyle :wave:

At the moment Intercom doesn’t have a built-in way for exporting Articles, or an Articles API. This is definitely something the team has looked at though, and I’ll flag this for you to make sure it stays on their radar.

In the meantime, there is a workaround I can offer. It would take a bit of DEV muscle but would allow you to retrieve all your public Articles by building a scraping tool using HTTP.

Here is a tool you can use to do that: https://github.com/lloydliyu/intercom-articles-scraper

I do want to emphasize that since this workflow isn’t officially supported by Intercom, our support options would be very limited. Also, as noted this would only allow you to retrieve your public articles, any private articles would not be included.

Hope this helps!

I’ve been looking for this too - it’s a shame not to have any support for Articles in the API…

Hey @Matthew_Cockerill and @Kyle_Hart - we actually have public beta access for the Articles API now in our Unstable version of the API. Just bear in mind that everything in that version is subject to changes. Enjoy :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hi @zach :wave:

Nice to read about the new Articles API. Have you guys any visibility as to when it might be included in the 2.0 for us to use in production?

Thanks

Hey @melanie - will be included in 2.1, and will (provisionally) launch very soon. These things are subject to change so can’t give an exact date but watch out for an announcement in the upcoming weeks!

1 Like