Clarification on accessible Conversation fields

I’m trying to get to know the Conversations API by conducting some queries in Postman, but I’m having trouble squaring the results with what I see in the documentation. Most notably, it tells me that assignee.email is not a valid search field even though that one is explicitly used in an example. I can get results with something like created_at > 1580515200, so I don’t think my body structure or authorization is to blame.

Does it have something to do with our apps being on API version 1.x? I’ve set Intercom-Version to 2.0, which I thought would address that. Is something going wrong with how I’m configuring things in Postman?

(Side note: At the very least, the #accepted-operators link in the doc seems to be broken.)

Query details follow.

POST to https://api.intercom.io/conversations/search
Authorization set to Bearer Token with the appropriate 60-character string
Headers:
Accept: application/json
Intercom-Version: 2.0
Body (form-data):
query[field]: assignee.email
query[operator]: =
query[value]: any@email.com

Hey @tlhinman :wave: So in Accepted Fields it notes that for an assignee you need to use assignee_id for the time being. You can fetch a list of admins and grab their id programmatically.

Cheers for flagging the cURL example and the link, we’ll update!

Thanks Zach! Now that my basic confusion is cleared up, let me ask about the feasibility about what we’d really like to do. It pertains to the thread I resurfaced a few days ago. Is it currently impossible to get all emails, including automated/campaign ones, associated with a certain contact? I’m using the following body (using raw in Postman instead of form-data this time, and of course replacing some_hex_id as appropriate):

{
 "query":
  {
    "field": "contact_ids",
    "operator": "IN",
    "value": ["some_hex_id"]
  }
}

This yields results for some user IDs but not for those that my team flagged as not being logged.

@tlhinman when you say “get all emails” – are you referring to “messages”? As in the in-apps & emails which have already been sent to the user? Assuming that’s the case, pretty sure there’s no way to get the specific messages sent to a specific user, however you could consider using the experimental messages API to pull them into your data warehouse, then query that data set for the messages sent to a given user.