Duplicate okio class issues with 8.0.0 and 8.0.1

Hello. I’m getting this compile time error when trying to use Intercom 8.0.1

Duplicate class okio.-Base64 found in modules intercom-sdk-base-8.0.1-runtime (io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:8.0.1) and jetified-okio-jvm-2.8.0 (com.squareup.okio:okio:2.8.0)
Duplicate class okio.-DeflaterSinkExtensions found in modules intercom-sdk-base-8.0.1-runtime (io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:8.0.1) and jetified-okio-jvm-2.8.0 (com.squareup.okio:okio:2.8.0)
Duplicate class okio.-DeprecatedOkio found in modules intercom-sdk-base-8.0.1-runtime (io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:8.0.1) and jetified-okio-jvm-2.8.0 (com.squareup.okio:okio:2.8.0)
Duplicate class okio.-DeprecatedUpgrade found in modules intercom-sdk-base-8.0.1-runtime (io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:8.0.1) and jetified-okio-jvm-2.8.0 (com.squareup.okio:okio:2.8.0)
Duplicate class okio.-DeprecatedUtf8 found in modules intercom-sdk-base-8.0.1-runtime (io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:8.0.1) and jetified-okio-jvm-2.8.0 (com.squareup.okio:okio:2.8.0)
Duplicate class okio.-GzipSinkExtensions found in modules intercom-sdk-base-8.0.1-runtime (io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:8.0.1) and jetified-okio-jvm-2.8.0 (com.squareup.okio:okio:2.8.0)
Duplicate class okio.-GzipSourceExtensions found in modules intercom-sdk-base-8.0.1-runtime (io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:8.0.1) and jetified-okio-jvm-2.8.0 (com.squareup.okio:okio:2.8.0)
Duplicate class okio.-InflaterSourceExtensions found in modules intercom-sdk-base-8.0.1-runtime (io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:8.0.1) and jetified-okio-jvm-2.8.0 (com.squareup.okio:okio:2.8.0)
Duplicate class okio.-Platform found in modules intercom-sdk-base-8.0.1-runtime (io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:8.0.1) and jetified-okio-jvm-2.8.0 (com.squareup.okio:okio:2.8.0)
Duplicate class okio.-Util found in modules intercom-sdk-base-8.0.1-runtime (io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:8.0.1) and jetified-okio-jvm-2.8.0 (com.squareup.okio:okio:2.8.0)

This did not occur in 7.2.0. I’ve tried using the Gradle exclude feature but it doesn’t help.

2 Likes

Hey there! Could you write into Intercom via the Messenger with further details and a full stack trace so one of my engineering teammates could dig deeper into this?

I got the same issue when updating to version above 7.2.0. Could you please post the solution here once that’s solved?

Same issue, can’t upgrade from 7.2.0.

@Ricky_M I wrote into Intercom via Messenger like you suggested. Not sure if your engineers saw it or not, though.