Intercom SDK not allowing us to disable Jetifier

The Intercom SDK depends non-transitively on Glide 4.4.0, which uses com.android.support under the hood, and therefore prevents us from disabling Jetifier. Disabling this build feature brings enormous build performance gains as can be seen here.

Please release a version with the updated version of Glide ASAP or make it transitive in the base artifact so that we can realise these build performance gains. I understand that this is the plan - is there any ETA for this?

I would once again urge you to make issues on your GitHub repo public - you’re missing out on a lot of potential feedback and a better way to interact with the wider developer community, as well as a way to keep us up to date with progress on bugs like this one.

3 Likes

Yes, this is a big pain for a lot of teams tryiing to get rid of Jetifier, which is trendy at the moment. Please do this!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I flagged this thread internally, we will keep you posted on any updates as soon as we have them. Definitely understand wanting to know the status of this one.

Thank you. I saw that 8.0.0 was released yesterday but sadly it still features Glide 4.4.0.

Does 8.0.1 fix this? I can’t get it to build due to another issue, but this is the last thing that uses Jetifier for me.

8.2.0 still has this issue. Simply updating Glide will fix it, common Intercom!

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroid/support/v4/util/ArrayMap;
    at io.intercom.com.bumptech.glide.GlideBuilder.<init>(GlideBuilder.java:34)
    at io.intercom.com.bumptech.glide.Glide.initializeGlide(Glide.java:212)
    at io.intercom.com.bumptech.glide.Glide.checkAndInitializeGlide(Glide.java:176)
    at io.intercom.com.bumptech.glide.Glide.get(Glide.java:160)
    at io.intercom.com.bumptech.glide.Glide.getRetriever(Glide.java:612)
    at io.intercom.com.bumptech.glide.Glide.with(Glide.java:638)
    at io.intercom.android.sdk.Injector.getOverlayPresenter(Injector.java:220)
    at io.intercom.android.sdk.Injector.getResetManager(Injector.java:274)
    at io.intercom.android.sdk.Injector.getLifecycleTracker(Injector.java:252)
    at io.intercom.android.sdk.Injector.initWithAppCredentials(Injector.java:105)
    at io.intercom.android.sdk.RealIntercom.create(RealIntercom.java:71)
    at io.intercom.android.sdk.Intercom.initialize(Intercom.java:69)