hey there, i’v a feature request for the intercom rest api. I would like to be able to get the creation date of the tags and who created it via the API. I know u guys show that info in the interface and it would be super helpful to have it in the api.
our current case is this: we have an tag for each product we can sell, so when the sales team member try to sell something he puts that tag, ex: “tried to sell: sales_team_member_name - product_name” and a event is created
then when the user makes a purchase the event of it is created: “purchase made” and “purchased: product_name”, that way we can create segments on intercom and i can run a script to search each user in the segment to see which ones the tag was placed before the purchase
what is the problem with it then?
- when tagging multiple users i have to make a script to tag then one by one
- in some cases we need to tag visitors or leads and it does not activate the intercom event
- in another cases the event is not created
- we need to create a tag for each one of our sales team members
how would the feature help?
- having a created_at in the tags we wouldn’t need to create an event to notify the creation of the tag and it would be way more reliable, solving all the problems created by the event not creating
- would make easier for the integration, since i will only have to verify the user in the moment of the purchase now.
- having the created_by would solve the problem of needing to have a tag for each sales team member
besides this integration, what would this help?
it will open the door for new kind of integrations where it’s easier for the sales team member to participate, since he can create the tags on intercom, but can’t create events.
you will be able to use scripts to analyze the impact of certain actions. For example, if i make a marketing campaign in a segment, and i want to have a better understanding of its sales, i can tag everyone in the segment and later search for the tag creation and purchase date and see how many of them purchased in one week, what are the most common actions between the purchase, which tags to the users that purchased have in common, if the sale was made by the sales team of by the e-mail, the location of those that purchased, etc…
you will be able to make integrations like the one we use in a very easy way
you will be able to tag a lot of people and use it for custom events, ex: “everyone that received the tag x and purchased within 7 days has a priority support for 30 days event”, “if the sales team member placed the tag x, then when the member does that specific action he will contact him”, etc…
it’s something very simple to do since u guys already get that info and u can just place it on the tag list of the user response. It would open the doors to a lot of new integrations in a reliable way, easy for the sales team, clear up a lot of tags, solve non-user event problems and reduce the api calls needed for the integrations.