Where to ask for teammate specific data for an installed app? Install flow or configure flow?

Hey fellow devs,

I have two questions:

1. If a teammate installed an app, I’m guessing other teammates can use the installed app. Or does each person need to install it on their end?

2. I’ll use a specific example for this question. If the messenger app is helping an end-user schedule time on a teammate’s calendar, where would you recommend that I ask the teammate to connect his/her calendar so that end user can see that teammate’s availability? This is tied to question 1, because if the app is installed once and available to all teammates, then the calendar connection if done as part of the install flow will only connect the installer’s calendar. So would you recommend we do any teammate specific setup items as part of the messenger app configure flow?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes

Hey @krishna :smile: Lets go through these:

1 - Installations are for the whole app, not just the individual admin. Once it’s installed for the app, anyone can use it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 - You’ve nailed it on the head already here. If you were to do it in the install flow, it would be that one calendar connected. If you were to do it in the configure flow, you can make it so the user can select which teammates calendar is selected :+1: Configure flow is the way to go!

1 Like