Answered

Close Multiple Open Conversations

• 1 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi all,

I’m looking for a way to mass close open conversations. For example, close 1 week or older open conversations. If it’s possible, please share how can I do it. Thank you!  

icon

Best answer by Nathan Sudds 1 May 2023, 23:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Assel No problem at all you can do this in the Inbox Rules, but you may want to add some other conditions so you aren’t closing anything that’s needed -- something to be sure they match criteria that feels important, i.e. waiting on customer (not your team), etc. 

Another option to prevent having things open like this, I like to use the Bump app from Userfeed to set some conditions when replying so it’s more tailored to the situation.  i.e. Bump again in 3 days if no reply, with a custom message, then close 1 week later if no response etc. 

I think Bump may not be as actively developed and some new features coming out soon may help do this directly within Intercom, I think I heard recently -- eager to check them out.  

Bump saved me from a lot of annoying open loops and incoming unsnoozed messages haha. 

Hope this helps!

@Nathan 

@Assel No problem at all you can do this in the Inbox Rules, but you may want to add some other conditions so you aren’t closing anything that’s needed -- something to be sure they match criteria that feels important, i.e. waiting on customer (not your team), etc. 

Another option to prevent having things open like this, I like to use the Bump app from Userfeed to set some conditions when replying so it’s more tailored to the situation.  i.e. Bump again in 3 days if no reply, with a custom message, then close 1 week later if no response etc. 

I think Bump may not be as actively developed and some new features coming out soon may help do this directly within Intercom, I think I heard recently -- eager to check them out.  

Bump saved me from a lot of annoying open loops and incoming unsnoozed messages haha. 

Hope this helps!

Hi Nathan, thank you for your advice.  I will definitely try it. 

Hi Nathan, 

We have open conversations that are 1-2 years old and seems like the inbox rule can help only in the future, we are looking for something that will let us close very old open conversations.

Thank you,

Regards,

Assel

Hope this helps!

Hi Nathan, 

We have open conversations that are 1-2 years old and seems like the inbox rule can help only in the future, we are looking for something that will let us close very old open conversations.

Thank you,

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Assel Feel free to reach out via DM, I’d be curious to look into this issue with you and see what we could figure out together -- you’ve got me curious and now I’m trying to understand what would create this issue and what pattern could be used to bulk process them easily for you.  Or here’s my calendar to book a time to connect

I am also looking to mass delete, if greater than ~3 months old close out. I tried using inbox rules but nothing happened so not sure how to adjust my settings to get it to fire.