Skip to main content

I'm pretty new to custom API requests. I want to create a Zapier connection to send a POST request to update a conversation in Intercom to add a tag to a conversation, but I'm having issues. I suspect the issue is with the formatting of the body, but I'm not sure what I'm going wrong. I've successfully performed other GET requests, but I can't get the POST request to work.

In the image below you can see I have the following:

HTTP Method: POST
URL: https://api.intercom.io/conversations/CONVERSATION_ID/tags
Authorization: Bearer TOKEN
Accept: application/json
Body:

{
"id": "12345",
"name": "empty-bug-report",
"admin_id": "123"
}

Any ideas where I might be getting this wrong?

Hi Patrick,
Could you check that the value of the tag id is corresponding to the correct tag. 
Also could you try using a simple curl call (or something similar which would run locally on your computer) and see whether it the POST request works?

Hey @Patrick H12, welcome to Intercom Community! 👋

As @Fario Consulting added above, could you double check your IDs and try this call outside of Zapier? You could try this out in the sandbox in our Developer Documentation by clicking Try It on the right hand side 🚀

@Fario Consulting @bernice  thanks for your responses. Yes, I am able to make a curl call and update the tag outside of zapier. I’m still getting a 400 error inside of Zapier for some reason though.

I keep getting the same response:

{
"type": "error.list",
"request_id": "0002lbamtuqncesncd30",
"errors": s
{
"code": "parameter_not_found",
"message": "admin_id is a required parameter"
}
]
}

I’ve tried with a couple of different admin_id and tag ids with the same result.