Answered

Article sections not found via API

• 4 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hey,

I’m trying to use the Article API but I got some problems when I get lists of collections, sections and when I try to match this with articles parent_id

I have a structure like this:

When I request the `help_center/collections` endpoint I receive 2 collections 
“Untitled collection” (id: 3941383) and “Example collection” (id: 3941384)

Ok, now I get the list of sections `help_center/sections`
I should get "Subcategory" and "Subsubcategory", but when I do this request I receive an empty list

And now when I request the list of articles `articles` I get all articles

For the article “Just another article” (id: 7228002) I get parrent_id: 3941386 and for “Test” (id: 7227829) I get parent_id 3941389 and parent_type: collection

My question is,

Where are my sections? Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug in the Intercom API?

icon

Best answer by Racheal 7 April 2023, 03:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Rodislav Zaharadji Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

You should be receiving the Subcategory section back in the results. After doing some testing it seems we aren’t returning the sub-section but your first section should definitely be returned! It looks like we have some work to do on our API since we’ve released new Help Center features. If you haven’t already got this sorted would you like me to send you over to the support team? Happy to loop a teammate in to help you out here. 😊

@Racheal, the problem still persists

I call the https://api.intercom.io/help_center/sections endpoint I get an empty "data"

hey @Rodislav Zaharadji, this issue is now solved. Sorry for the inconvenience.