Answered

Can I Specify event_name for webhook topic 'event.created'?

• 27 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Webhook event topic https://developers.intercom.com/docs/references/webhooks/webhook-models/#event-topics covers a lot of events like lead generation, user events etc.
I want to subscribe the topic only for Survey events(NPS or any other custom survey).

Question is how can I specify event_name for surveys or is there any other way to subscribe for survey events?

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 1 October 2023, 18:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Uttam Choudhary 

You can’t specify which Event the Webhook subscribes to, rather you would filter those Webhooks on your end.

That said, we do have specific Webhooks for Outbound Messages such as Surveys. You will want to subscribe to the content_stat.survey Topic as mentioned here.

This will subscribe you to all 6 of the Survey Events that are included in the screenshot above! Let me know if you have any questions about that!

@Jacob Cox I see `content_stat.survey` lot events, but I want to subscribe for “Survey sent” event as soon as workflow condition matched and survey is sent (not receipt) to user.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Uttam Choudhary!

The ;send’ event for a Survey and the ‘receipt’ would be the same thing. A survey is sent to a user when they visit your site/app. So when they go there, it will be sent and received at basically the same time.