Answered

Intercom.initialize Causing ANR's 15.1.4

• 29 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, we’re running into an issue with ANRs on our application stemming from the initialize call on the Intercom SDK.

We are currently using 15.1.4 of the Android SDK with the following code used for initialization:

Intercom.initialize(this, INTERCOM_API_KEY, INTERCOM_APP_ID);

I have updated the SDK to 15.5.1 but we haven’t had time to collect data,  I am wondering if this will suffice, I didn’t see anything the latest or previous release notes that would indicate so.

Below is the exception from firebase :

main (runnable):tid=1 systid=3084 
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.errorreporting.ExceptionParser.<clinit>(ExceptionParser.java:11)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.errorreporting.ErrorReporter.create(ErrorReporter.java:18)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.Injector.getErrorReporter(Injector.java:319)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.Injector.getLifecycleTracker(Injector.java:310)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.Injector.initWithAppCredentials(Injector.java:135)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.Intercom$Companion.create(Intercom.kt:1092)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.Intercom$Companion.initialize(Intercom.kt:1005)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.Intercom.initialize(unavailable:5)

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 4 February 2024, 18:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @SproutSocial ,

I’m not seeing any other reports from our customers showing that error. It sounds like this might need more digging into. I’m going to send you over to our Support team to work through things with you. They will reach out to you via the email that you signed up with so be on the lookout for their message.