Answered

Location / TimeZone of Conversations

• 18 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I am exporting conversations data from intercom to an external database. I want to filter out conversations based on either Location or Timezone,  I have seen that on intercom UI, when I go to Reports → Customer Support → Export, I have the option to filter out conversation data by selecting Country. 

I have also explored two other ways to export data ie., by specifying S3 export bucket or by calling intercom APIs directly. In both ways, however I am not seeing any field related to Country or Location or Timezone.

How do I filter out API data or s3 export data based on location, like I am able to do via the UI Reports option? 

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 22 April 2023, 23:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Shagun Bhardwaj !

Conversations don’t have countries, rather your Contacts (who participate in the conversations) have countries. You’ll need to make a “search contacts” call via our REST API and filter by location.country to gather the IDs of Contacts from your target countries.  Once you’ve done that you can make a “search conversations” call and pass in those ID values as contact_ids and it should return the conversations that are associated with the contacts from those specific countries.