Answered

Unable to update ticket_attribute of type list via API

• 13 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hey there, I am currently building an intercom integration to sync tickets. I have a custom ticket attribute called “priority” of type list which has the options “urgent”, “high”, “normal”,  and “low”.

I try to update the ticket attribute like this via the Dev Docs and the try out button. Without the attribute the flow works fine (so my Bearer token and the rest is set up correctly):

Json body:

{
  "ticket_attributes": {
    "_default_title_": "example",
    "_default_description_": "there is a problem",
    "priority": "urgent"
  },
  "state": "in_progress"
}

I get the following error message:

{ "type": "error.list", "request_id": "0016erd0q33c1jgjf750","errors": [{ "code": "parameter_invalid", "message": "'urgent' is not a valid value for attribute 'priority' of type 'list'" } ] }

I also tried “priority”: [“urgent”], “priority”: “[urgent]” and more. Could you tell me which schema is expected for the list attribute?

Kind Regards

Ian

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 24 December 2023, 23:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Ian Test 1 !

I just tested this out in my own workspace and I’m also having issues updating a List attribute. I’m going to open an issue up around this with our product team so they can investigate. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Actually @Ian Test 1 !

I just came across the answer! For list attributes you don’t pass in the value of the list item. You have to pass in the ‘id’ of the List object that you want to change it to (as a String).

This is mentioned in our API docs here

That should get things fixed for you!