Answered

App Hanging -[ICMMetric addEvent:]

• 23 May 2024
  • 8 replies

We have been noticing multiple Sentry warnings for AppHanging in Intercom flows in conversation flows. Looking at the stack trace it seems to be like some functions are causing object lock due to multiple threads running & trying to access it. During this situation checking the flows user seem to be unable to interact with the intercom chat messenger for certain duration

We are using RN package in our app.
Version - 6.6.0

Please provide me some info on this & if this is fixed in the later versions of the SDK as we have to discuss regarding the upgrade since newer version would be requiring the app to update minimum supported version to iOS 15.0 where as we still support till iOS 13.0 currently. 

Here is the full stack trace of it. Any help would be appreciated

App Hanging

icon

Best answer by bernice 11 June 2024, 15:45

View original

8 replies

We are also having this issue, any news about it?

After checking with Intercom customer support they mentioned they couldn’t find much information regarding this & suggested to use latest version 7.1.1. In the release checklist they mentioned about fixing some crashes related to [ICMDataManager resetPresenceTimer] & some memory issues so seems the only option is to update with the latest version & check :(

We experience exactly the same issue. Sentry warns when user interacts with Intercom that we can clearly see in the breadcrumbs but I have no idea if the app is actually hanging or it’s Sentry watchdog thread which cannot execute the worker.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @vinith 

Sean Reid, manager from Customer support here! 

Let us know how the update went and if it solved your issues! 

Hey @vinith 

Sean Reid, manager from Customer support here! 

Let us know how the update went and if it solved your issues! 

We couldn’t update the package version as we need some approvals before we can update min support version on iOS to 15 so not sure of it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@vinith really sorry for the disruption here. We want to ensure we look after you the best we can. 

Please feel free to drop me a line or DM me here if after the update you’re still having issues as I want to turnaround this experience for you the best we can. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey @Alex Trevgoda & @Hanyu Li, I’ve passed you over to the team here to get a further look into the issues you’re facing - if you could provide further context on these Conversations in your workspace, that would be really helpful 🙏

Hey @Alex Trevgoda & @Hanyu Li, I’ve passed you over to the team here to get a further look into the issues you’re facing - if you could provide further context on these Conversations in your workspace, that would be really helpful 🙏

Thanks to reaching out. Here is the sentry link:

https://foodles-tech.sentry.io/share/issue/c952a734e6a04283bf70452cbde999c4/

I hope it helps.