Answered

Can't get reliable desktop notifications

• 24 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I'm having a real issue relying on chat notifications for my support team. We have all the settings correct in Intercom and Windows to receive desktop notifications but random times it stops working, and chat will go unanswered for too long. Our team does not keep their inbox on screen all the time due to other tasks they have to perform. Any suggestions on how we can get more reliable and more noticeable notifications that will allow us to keep a first response time within a minute?

icon

Best answer by bernice 29 January 2024, 16:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Dave Putka! 

There are a few things I'd suggest taking a look at if you're experiencing any sort of desktop notification issues.

• Check that notifications are enabled for conversations by looking under Your Account > Notifications.

• If you're using Chrome, check your desktop notifications settings, found here.

• Check that your computer allows banner notifications from your browser. For Windows this is located under System > Notifications & Actions.

• Do you happen to share an account with someone else? Do you have any Intercom conversations open on another device? If so, this can impact your ability to receive notifications properly.

Something else you could implement here is Webhook notifications for when a customer creates a new conversation and when any reply to your messages, you’ll find more on Webhooks in our Developer Documentation 📌