Skip to main content

I want to export Contacts including custom attributes and events in the CSV file.

Hi @Ashley Foreman, It’s Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

You are in luck we have quite comprehensive article just about that. 

You can read more about it here.

Hi @mateusz.leszkiewicz yes I’m aware of that feature, but the export doesn’t include columns for custom attributes that our dev team has added (ex: free trial started at ). I can view the custom attributes in the Contacts page, but when I export the csv file, those columns are not included in the spreadsheet. Hope that makes sense!

@Ashley Foreman 

Even if you choose to include all the columns in the csv export?

If that’s the case you can export the Contact information using List Contacts API endpoint and then convert JSON to the CSV.

Nevertheless please reach out to the Intercom via Chat in your workspace to address the issue with the CSV export. CSV should have all the columns present.
​​​​

@mateusz.leszkiewicz That’s confusing that I would need to select ‘Export all columns’ for the attributes to show, when they are ‘currently displayed columns’. Thanks for the tip!

@Ashley Foreman the both options should work (if you have the custom attribute displayed) can you please reach out to the Intercom and flag this issue to our team. It looks like an unexpected behaviour.