Skip to main content
Answered

Exporting data and attachments

• 10 May 2024
  • 1 reply

How can conversation data, along with bulk attachments, be exported from the Help Desk?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Helga Kruger  Are you looking to export all conversations or just an individual one?

I’ll share a quote from the Export Conversations Data article on Intercom, I couldn’t confirm if attachments are included from the article details but hopefully someone from the team could add more insight on that part. 

It looks like you can export a conversation individually without the API but if you want to export in bulk you’ll maybe need the API or a 3rd party tool according to the snippet below but I did see this tool to export JSON to Amazon Web Services and it does have an Include Attachments toggle.  

Hope this helps!

Article excerpt:

“It's not currently possible to download a CSV file of all your conversation content in Intercom. You can download them individually by clicking on the three dots on the top right corner of a conversation.

Screenshot+2023-11-14+at+4.12.56%E2%80%AFPM.png

To export conversation content in bulk, you need to use our Conversations API to extract full conversations. First list the conversations, and then use GET for individual conversation ID's.”