Skip to main content

I'm exploring ways to improve customer support on Intercom, and I came across Speakatoo's text-to-speech (TTS) API. Has anyone integrated a TTS service like Speakatoo into their Intercom workflows? I'm particularly interested in using it to convert text-based responses into audio for customers who may prefer listening to solutions rather than reading them. Could this enhance the accessibility and user experience of support interactions? What challenges or best practices should I consider when integrating text-to-speech within a customer support platform like Intercom?

Hi @rohan01, Jacques here here from Support Engineering 👋

There are third party browser extensions such as ‘Dictanote’ that are compatible with Intercom.

We don’t currently have our own text to speech feature available on our App Store store though. I can see how having this option available would be useful though, so I can definitely forward this onto the product team as a feature request for you.

Hope this helps! If you’ve like more details on this integration, feel free to reach out to our Support Team! :)