Answered

How to disable sending messages for an email domain but whitelist some specific emails?

• 26 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all!

I’m trying to achieve the following situation regarding users being able to send messages via intercom:

Let users start a a conversation

Match all:

email does not contain @doe.com EXCEPT john@doe.com & an@doe.com. 

We have multiple customers with multiple domains, but only for this specific domain we want to block it for all users except a few so that they are the only ones that can talk with out support.

Who can offer me some advice? Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 31 March 2024, 22:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Anton van den Berg !

It isn’t currently possible to create an exception to your rules for showing the Messenger launcher. I think your best bet is to use a filter other than Email for this. I would suggest Tagging all the Users associated with that email domain whom you don’t want to see the Messenger. Then you can set the rules to Show the Messenger Launcher to all Users where the Tag is not [YOUR TAG NAME].

This way everyone who does NOT have that Tag, will see the Messenger. 

You can quickly Tag those Users by filtering for that Email domain in your Contacts page and then selecting the Users you want to Tag and bulk Tag them.

Hi @Jacob Cox! Thanks for your reply and great tip with the bulk edit and add tag functionality. 

It’s not 100% waterproof, as we’d have to constantly update that list when new users are being added to our platform with that domain. This is how we are currently already handeling it.

Is there any timeline on adding the exception rules, or where can I find more information about such a feature request? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey there @Anton van den Berg !

We don’t have timelines for requests such as these. We surface them to our product team and they determine what features to build out based on their own internal process. 

I recommend checking in on the ‘News’ section of the Messenger for updates on our tools!