Skip to main content

We are a startup business using Intercom for Customer Support. We received approximately 4K-5K conversations monthly. One of our main challenges is how to easily track and understand the reason why users are reaching out to our Support team. I’ve read about conversation tagging, conversation topics, and conversation attributes, but it doesn’t seem to be a perfect solution, or maybe I just can’t completely comprehend how to adapt them to our business. Do I need to use all of them together? Do we need integration with another tool or software? The end goal is to be able to convey to our product team our user's sentiments. Can someone please lend a helping hand?

Hi @iampaulaaa ! Ebenezer here from Engineering Support👋.

For what you’re looking to do, Conversation Topics would be the best thing to use here.

So how it works is that it’s a conversation property, which is automatically applied to matching conversations based on key phrases you define. Conversation topics allow you to deeply understand your conversations, and how your team performs when handling different topics.

Unlike conversation tags, and custom conversation data, topics can be applied retroactively to your existing conversations, and require no manual input from your customers or team.

This article explains more in detail