Answered

tracker ticket emails

• 25 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I can create a tracker ticket and link user raised conversations. Can add a note that I can then copy down to all linked conversations.

How could I add a comment on the tracker (parent) that actually creates that same note as an email in all the linked conversations?  

icon

Best answer by mateusz.leszkiewicz 31 January 2024, 08:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Richard,

Tickets are a fairly new tool in our box, and I understand how it might be confusing at times.
To post a note from a Tracker ticket to all conversations linked to that ticket, you need to click Cross-post Note instead of Reply.
You can find more information about this in the article here.

I hope that it will be helpful to you!
Cheers, Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

Hi - yes, doing cross post note, creates an internal note on the linked conversations, but that isnt what I am after. 

I want to add a note on the tracker and then have option (like cross post note) for that note to be sent as an email from the linked conversations.

If I am linking multiple conversations for a common issue - using the tracker to manage it all. I may want to send an update out to all the conversations, to let the customers know the update - an internal cross note will not do that.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Richard,

I see what you are looking for. In that case, I think the best approach would be to use the Reply All function from within a tracker ticket on the right-hand side menu.
Once you send the reply, it will be sent to all linked conversations, and all replies will get email notifications; it will be exactly what you are looking for.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.