Answered

FIN ChatBot not answering questions

• 28 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone

I am evaluating Intercom for our college. I am trying to set up the FIN ChatBot by giving it the webpage of our college, which has extensive information (1487 results). 

However, when I test the ChatBot using the test feature on the app.intercom.com portal, it cannot answer a single question - even when I ask highly tailored questions based on our website content.

Anyway ideas what I am doing wrong?

We are looking for a ChatBot that can understand our website content, then help users to find what they are looking for - perhaps this is not the “sweet spot” of Intercom?

I’d be grateful for any help or advice!

Cheers, Ken

icon

Best answer by Larissa Alberti 29 January 2024, 13:10

View original

3 replies

Well . . . it is working!  After setting up the URL and seeing on the portal that the import was ready - the ChatBot could not answer any questions.  But I cam back to it 2 hours later, and it could answer questions. So at least in my case there was a bit of a delay between when the portal said “ready” and when the system was really “ready.”

So I guess I do not require any help - but I wanted to leave this message here, in case it helps anyone else.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @DrKen 👋

Larissa here from Intercom Support.

Thanks for your message and for letting us know that this worked after a while.

In case this happens again, I’d recommend that you reach out to our Customer Support team via the Messenger so we can take a closer look at your case.

Have a great day!

Thanks so much!