Answered

Fin closes conversations when handing them over

• 8 August 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a specific hand over process for Fin to complete when a customer wishes to speak to a member of the team. Part of this process involves collecting information about the customer through some basic questions.

I have had multiple instances where customers get to this step and then stop sending responses. Fin then closes these conversations, and I never end up seeing them.

In an ideal world, when a customer stops responding during a hand over, I would like Fin to automatically assign the conversation to a team member. If this is not possible, I at least want to prevent the conversation from being closed.

Any advice?

icon

Best answer by Larissa Alberti 9 August 2023, 18:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @James Cullinaneย ๐Ÿ‘‹

Larissa here from Intercom Support.

You can choose how Fin should behave when a customer becomes inactive by editing your Fin profile.

ย You have the option to either pass the conversation to a teammate or automatically close it, as you can see on the screenshot belowย ๐Ÿ‘‡

ย 

If you have your Fin profile already set up to pass to a teammate and yet the conversation is being closed, Iโ€™d recommend that you reach out to our support team with the link of the conversation so we can investigate this further for you.

Hope this helps!ย