Answered

Question about applying SLA Inbox Rules to Tickets

• 11 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to sort out our Inbox Rules to apply a separate SLA to the tickets that come in.  We currently have an Inbox Rule that applies an SLA to incoming conversations.  However, if that incoming conversation is tagged a certain way and becomes a ticket, we want a different SLA to be applied.  I’ve tried a few variations, but the SLA for incoming conversations is always being applied to the Ticket conversations.  We use tickets for one purpose: to provide cancelations/refunds.

For example, we have tags automatically applied--this works:

We then have these two Inbox Rules:

This one doesn’t seem to work:

This one works every time:

I know I’m likely missing something in the logic--I just want one contact type to have SLA 1 and another contact type to have SLA 2.

Thanks--

icon

Best answer by Racheal 16 May 2023, 03:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Coach K Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

If I’m understanding correctly, the conversation is a normal conversation first, and it isn’t tagged until it becomes a ticket, which makes it match for the first rule first. The first rule (Active chats) will always run first since the conversation isn’t a ticket yet and doesn’t have the matching tag for the Refund and Cancel tickets rule. Since it is not possible to apply two SLAs to the same conversation, although your ticket rule will run when the ticket is converted, the SLA will not be applied. Essentially what you need to do is make sure the conversation does not match for the Active chats rule when it is first opened. Do these conversations typically contain the same content, perhaps you could use content does not contain in the conditional?

Hi Racheal,

I have tried the “content does not contain” but as the SLA is applying when a conversation starts, it hasn’t applied.  Another issue is that we have Fin, so that any conversation that comes in also triggers the standard support SLA--while we can use reporting to remove the bots from the calculations, it would be ideal to be able to trigger an SLA after the user has finished with Fin and opted to talk to support.  That way, the SLA is tied to the contact’s entry into the support queue vs. entry into chat.  Is there any way to do that, or are there any plans along these lines?

Thanks--