Skip to main content

You can now auto-close conversations 🥳

You can now auto-close conversations 🥳

We've just updated our Inbox automation rules feature which allows you to automatically close conversations based on your chosen criteria. Use it to fight spam and close any conversation that doesn't need a teammate's attention.

🔥 Insider tip: We'll be releasing another feature very soon which will make this action even more useful! What could it be?!

Auto-close

@phil t​ @teodora​ @leo l​, this may be of particular interest to you folks!

Nice, for bonus points could we permanently close it so it cannot be reopened.

Value Add Use Case;

1. Bot Flow Option C - Just Browsing
  2. Customer selects Just Browsing as they got to the bot flow as they were just clicking to check it out
  3. Conversation is created but closed
  4. If Customer responds to this conversation, they are prompted to Start a new one vs use the closed one

Rationale; Once they have exited bot flow, the conversation is not going to be picked up by Rules so it always goes to unassigned.

Nice one ;)

I will say thanks, I set this up right away a couple weeks ago when it was released -- but keep having to update the rule to include autoresponders in other languages lol. 😂

Hello guys,

Is it possible creat a message to send before auto-close?

Hey @nicole p​, we don't currently let you send a message before closing as part of a rule.

However, your team could create a macro that, when sent, closes the conversation as well.

Hey there, checking in re: 'permanently close' a convo so that the end-user has to open a new message. We have issues where one thread is being used for very different support issues which makes it hard to intelligently route to our various support teams. @eric f11​ 

Hey @user598​, apologies for the delay in my reply, I've been out of office!

In your Messenger settings, it's possible for you to define how many days should pass before a conversation is closed permanently.

You'll find this in the Control your inbound conversation volume section - it's the "Prevent replies to closed conversations" setting.

Hi Eric! Love this! What would you recommend for a rule to have the conversation close after a certain length of inactive time? Is there a good mechanism for X time since agent last responded to trigger this?

Hey @sarah c12​, it's possible to create a rule like this using the A new conversation hasn't received a reply event. You'll be able to specify a length of time for this event, too. Let me know if you have any difficulty setting this up!

We wanted something similar in that we wanted to auto close resolved tickets after 5 days. So we created a workflow that uses the unresponsive template. Within this it says if a customer has been unresponsive for 5 days and ticket status equals resolved then set ticket state to closed. This gives the customer a good amount of time to respond to the resolved status, but if they don’t respond then the ticket closes and declutters the inbox.

@Sarah C12 you can do my same rule above with the teammate has been unresponsive workflow template.