Skip to main content

🤔 Ever wish that you could combine actions with saved replies?

💭🤔 Ever wish that you could combine actions with saved replies?

Of course you do! We know this is a feature that many Intercom customers have requested. Just a few months ago, @sushana​ said, “+1 on needing a Saved Reply to be inserted along with the auto-closure.” Now, you can do that and much more with the release of macros 🎉

interconnected-macrosMacros (formerly saved replies) allow you to go beyond pre-written responses and add actions like snooze, close, assign, prioritize, add a tag or conversation data attribute. Instead of doing all those tasks individually, you can complete them a single click– and in bulk, too!  

Next week, we’ll be sharing Intercom workflows that we’ve streamlined with macros. In the meantime, we want to hear from you– what’s the first macro you’re going to create for your team?

@davey​, @Orange Fish 454​, @Emma_RS​, @user493​ @Orange Bear 797​, @eugene z​, @user28​, @Silver Star 902​, @kristell, @lamint​, as some of the folks who were on our Macros beta, I'd love for you to share some of the macros you've created and found useful! 🙌

I look forward to learning more about Macros 🙂. Thank you for the great TAT on this request.

@craig​, check this out, I reckon this will be right up your alley for bulk snooze/close when adding a Saved Reply!

The best macros for our team are:

1. Greeting + tag
  2. "goodbye" + close
  3. "any more questions" +snooze

I`m missing 2 options there:

1. "Mention" a person. For example to forward email to marketing team + "mention"
  2. "Mention" the whole team 🙂 For example if sales manager assigns conversation to "support team" to mention them instantly (urgent question or etc.)

Hey! Main way we've used it is to automatically tag conversations with a particular problem area when we've sent a reply about a certain resolution. Works super well! 💪

Thanks for sharing @eugene z​! I'll pass along the feedback re: mentions.