Answered

Are there any plans on improving the volume management features?

• 14 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

We use Intercom as a support tool for general enquires and customer support, but there is also a ticket system in place.

We played around with handover in the most popular location where Messenger is installed and noticed that having text composer enabled significantly increases the conversation volume, but also stretches our resources. On the other hand, customers tend to abandon conversations more likely if they have to press a few buttons in the Custom bot before being connected with us.

Customers also tend to abandon the conversations fairly quickly (within 5-10 minutes) if there is no first reply from the agent, and as chat question is not always detailed enough and we prefer to handle chats "here and now", using suggestions from this article is not the best option for us.

Other chat solutions offer a more informative live support queue system: In some examples, I noticed customers are not connected to the agent, but the chatbot notifies there are X conversations before them and suggests leaving a contact request for visitors who don't wanna wait.

Is Intercom planning on implementing something similar for the Resolution bot handover in the future?

Example:

1.Visitor is being directed to live support

2A: If the Team has conversation capacity, the rule connects to the agent

2B: If the Team has no conversation capacity the chatbot will notify how many conversations are in the queue before the visitor gets connected to the agent and will suggest the following with the reply buttons:

• Wait for the agent
  • Create a ticket (goes to one of the paths in Resolution bot handover where we send a link for ticket creation) and closes the conversation

P.S I wish handover would allow closing the conversations 😅

icon

Best answer by Beth 19 April 2022, 00:58

View original

2 replies

Hi @aleksei o​ 

Thanks for reaching out and surfacing these enhancements you'd like to see in regard to the current process with capacity in our Messenger. I'm unable to provide insight on plans for development but will definitely be sharing what you've added here. The details you've included are especially insightful so thank you! To be clear, you're looking to have capacity stated and if your team is unable to assist at that time, have resolution bot fire to allow the user to be A) routed over to an agent for future help, or 😎 create a ticket and close? I just want to make sure I'm understanding your ask completely! Thanks!

Badge

Hi Beth!

Thank you for the reply.

A and B would be correct 🙂 Would you have any comments on enabling the resolution bot handover to close the conversations? Is it something that can be realistically done? After chatting with your amazing support, I understood that quite a few reports are tied to the "Connect to agent" button, but it would be nice to know if that's something we can expect at all to build behaviors around it.