Question

Creating a new survey, but don't want to ping current active users

• 30 August 2022
  • 4 replies

We're creating a new survey and we're about to set it live but we got a message that it'll be send to our live active users (100,000+). We don't want to alert them so is there a way that we just set it live under our current rules + condition (30 seconds).

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @user2463​ Racheal from the Support Engineer team here 👋

Without seeing a screenshot of your current rules, your Survey will follow your Audience Rules. If you have something like a current page URL rule added the alert modal is showing you all potential matches, they will still need to land on the URL in order to be delivered the Survey. It sounds like you may have a time on page rule, your users will still need to page that rule in order to see the Survey.

I hope this helps!

Thank you Racheal for your thorough reply and advice! I am going to be completely honest here but I have no idea what I'm doing. I was trying to get the right parameters and rules in with no success. I've gone ahead and attached an image below.

The outcome I want would be for First time visitors that visits our homepage when they land on www.xyz.com to be given this survey. I have no idea how to active and set that up. The closest I've gotten would triggered the survey to be sent to current active users viewing the homepage (100k) which would be very overwhelming for us to handle. We want a way to ease it in and we're looking for a setting that would trigger our survey to be sent to first time new visitors and not to current active visitors viewing our homepage. I hope that makes sense!

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 11.23.17 PM

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

No worries @user2463​ A couple things I want to note here, typically we suggest using Current page URL contains instead of is. This is because the is filter is extremely strict and must match exactly. If you are missing "https://" or even just "/" at the end of the URL the Survey will not match. Using contains avoids this. 👍 I think you can simplify things here a bit as well. I would suggest using web sessions instead of First seen. As you have it now the Survey will trigger one day after the first time they are seen, but it sounds like you'd like this Survey to appear on first visit?

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 12.27.46 PM

This is such a big help Racheal! I think we're getting closer and I'm starting to understand. I just updated my parameters with your suggestions. You are correct, we'd like to have the survey populate and sent to any visitors that is visiting the website on their first visit so ideally new visitors. In the meantime, we're going to try this out and see what kind of response we're going to get.

The idea here is to have the Survey sent to new visitors visiting the website for the first time. We're flexible on the target of our audience. Our survey is to gather insights on our visitors knowledge and experience in crypto/nfts/web3.