Question

How to restrict the survey to a single page on the site instead of having the survey "follow the user"

• 8 January 2023
  • 2 replies

We have 2 surveys:

• one is fired via the JavaScript code `Intercom('startSurvey', 123456789);`... this is a stand-alone page where we inserted the code from intercom in the `<head>`
  • other is an SPA where we use the `react-use-intercom` package and trigger `boot()` on a specific page using the `useIntercom` hook

Our survey show on these pages as expected... BUT, if the user doesn't fill the survey there and goes to some other pages, the survey "follows the user" (i.e. the user continues to see the survey)... these other pages all have intercom code in the header for some other functionality like posts, banners etc.

Can we restrict the survey to be triggered only on the page that is defined inside the survey setting?

• we use the following settings to configure a URL inside intercom:
  • Trigger your survey automatically with rules > Current page URL contains "OUR_URL"

Regards

AI

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @user1558​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Once a Survey is delivered, I'm afraid there wouldn't be a way to retract it when they navigate to another URL. Once a Survey is triggered on the correct URL and the user does not complete or exit out, it will travel with them to other pages.

I'm afraid we don't have a way to modify that behavior at the moment. I see why it would be a really useful feature to have though and will go ahead and submit a feature request to our product team!

Hi @Racheal !

“Once a Survey is delivered, I'm afraid there wouldn't be a way to retract it when they navigate to another URL. Once a Survey is triggered on the correct URL and the user does not complete or exit out, it will travel with them to other pages.”

Does this hold true for small posts as well? We have set up different posts for different URLs and I want the small posts to retract once the user moves from the page to allow a different one to show/trigger.  Please let me know if this is possible!