Answered

Is Survey resent to users who have already responded?

• 30 March 2023
  • 1 reply

How can I ensure survey is not resent to users who have already responded? I m using a rule where it will sent everyday but I want to ensure it sent only to users who have not responded. 

icon

Best answer by Milan 2 April 2023, 01:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Richa Gupta hi! 

You can use “Last Survey received” in the rules but that does not ensure they responded. 

So two workarounds come to my mind.

1. Since you will be collecting some data I suggest saving at least some of it as a custom attribute that then you will use in the audience rule not to target those who already have it populated. It would require new attribute for each new survey. But it should work. To ensure that the survey is completed you should choose to save the data from (one of) the last step(s) in the survey.  
  2. You can play with Series in order to use its automation powers as it can have rules within the Series based on the completion of the Survey (which in turn needs to be part of the Series). Perhaps not perfect if you have a need for very repetitive survey as you’ll need to create branches for each day, or perhaps if you have some event (or better if you can set one like “initiate_survey” that will trigger each day) then you can set just one branch with one survey where entry rule will be event-based triggered. 

Ping me if you need more help with this but please give more context on how many tries would you like to have, and what the survey is about (can it have some save-able data).