Answered

Hubspot Custom Action Line Break Formatting For conversation.Transcript

• 17 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a custom action for creating hubspot tickets and today the formatting for `conversation.Transcript` has changed in the way it encodes line breaks. It used to format neatly into lines in Hubspot but now shows the `\n` character instead

Example:

Started on October 17, 2023 at 02:37 PM America/New_York time EDT (GMT-0400)\n\n---\n\n02:37 PM | [Redacted]: Click here for help\n\n02:37 PM | Frank: We are here to help you! 👊\n\n02:37 PM | Frank: Did you know that the quickest way to get an answer to your question is reviewing our FAQ?\n\n02:37 PM | 

The line breaks from Intercom are now escaped into `\\\\n` in the property compared to yesterday where they were only encoded as `\\n` and displayed correctly. The first instance I see of this change in these logs is at 10/17/2023 ~3:30am EST.

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 31 October 2023, 16:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Bill P. !

We recently made a change to the way we handle the \n escape since it wasn’t playing well with some APIs. However, it seems that the changes we made cause issues with different APIs 😅.

A bug report has been opened up around this issue and our team is looking into a fix. I’ll reach back out here when that fix is in place!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi again @Bill P. !

It looks like the team has released a fix that should address the conversation.transcript formatting issue!

Let me know if you are still seeing any problems with this, thanks!