Answered

Trigger custom bot from app?

• 6 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hey all! I have a an app that I built and I want to trigger a custom bot from the app.

For example, the app will respond to the user but if the app gets confused or doesn’t know how to proceed, we want to trigger a custom bot that collects the user’s email (just an example)

Basically, I want to be able to arbitrarily trigger a custom bot from an app.

Some ideas I had:

• Have the app say something like “We’ll look into that” and have the custom bot search for that exact string. I couldn’t figure out a way to have the custom bot “search” for that string
  • Have the custom bot search for specific strings like “I want to talk to a human”. It’s not super robust since we have to search for a lot of keywords.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 21 May 2023, 16:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Order Receipts 👋🏼 Shauna here from Intercom Support! 

When you mention “app” - do you mean like a bot speaking to a customer or? That’s what I understood from “the app will respond to the user but if the app gets confused or doesn’t know how to proceed”. 

Once I have a better understanding here, I can help you out 🙂

Hey @Shauna! App as in Intercom app that can be installed across Intercom workspaces and shows up in the app store. 

We’re building an app that will be installed from the Intercom app store and we have some people who want the app to trigger a custom bot!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi there @Order Receipts !

There currently isn’t a way to trigger an Intercom Custom Bot from an app. Your dev team would need to build out any of those features you’re looking to implement within the app itself.