Answered

Can we integrate our Intercom Knowledge Base articles into a subdirectory of our website?

• 1 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is it possible to publish our knowledge based articles into a subdirectory of our website?

I understand it is simple to have a subdomain pointing to our Intercom knowledge base.

If we were able to have our articles in a subdirectory, it would help with long tail SEO.

Our website uses NextJS.

We would need a way for the article title to be the page title, so an iframe might not work.

icon

Best answer by Paul M11 3 May 2023, 18:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there @doig-mm 👋 

Paul here from Intercom support!

It is not currently possible to publish your Help Centre onto a sub directory of your website but I'd be happy to flag this as a feature request with the product team!

Please let me know if you’d like to leave any other details with this request 🙏  . Any further info I can pass along to the product team would be helpful for the request 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Paul,

Is it possible to use the Intercom Article API to grab and display our KB articles on our website?

The api returns all article data, so in theory this would allow us to display the articles anywhere on our website where we call the api.

Regards,

Steve

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @doig-mm Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Technically, when using the Articles endpoint your Article content is returned, so you can do whatever you’d like with that data. The piece to be aware of here is, Intercom specific features will not be available on your custom platform. For example, when using the Article inserter or Article search app we will not point to your custom platform.

Userlevel 1
Badge

OK, we may be able to use our own search feature.

Thanks @Racheal 

It’s not a great solution, but depending on what your needs are you could achieve this without use of the API. Through clever use of iframes I imagine you could achieve the effect you want. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Ryan G12

Thanks

• We would want the iframe title to be in the main page title.
  • We would also want the open graph meta tags and the meta description to be copied to the main page.
  • Unsure at this stage if these two are possible.
  • We would want the overall page to look decent. Perhaps it would look okay to have mandoe.help in the iframe.
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey there @doig-mm 👋 

Paul here from Intercom support!

It is not currently possible to publish your Help Centre onto a sub directory of your website but I'd be happy to flag this as a feature request with the product team!

Please let me know if you’d like to leave any other details with this request 🙏  . Any further info I can pass along to the product team would be helpful for the request 🙂

Thanks, Paul,

If you could include in your request:

• include the header (which includes the search component) and footer
  • be able to display collection pages, as well as KB articles

Thanks, and regards,

Steve