Answered

Can you help me run a report with all articles in the domain and include the URL?

• 9 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Need reporting guidance.   Is there a way to download a list of all intercom articles in the domain and include the article URL in the report?   

icon

Best answer by Shauna 11 August 2023, 14:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Susan Verona 👋🏼 Shauna here from Support! 

There’s no specific article reporting that you can export - but you are able to export Articles from your Help Center by using the Articles API. Full details on how to do this can be found in our dev docs and in the below guide ⬇️

https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/4103903-formatting-and-exporting-your-articles-with-the-articles-api

I hope this helps 🙏🏼

Badge

@Susan Verona I don’t see a way to do this in the UI, but we’re in the process of building a mass export feature for all your articles in Docs Fresh. Just curious: why do you need an export? What do you how to do with that?

Just trying to better understand what data fields would be useful in an export. 

@Landon Bennett 

Doing some knowledge base clean up and the list views don’t give quite enough info.  Plus I need a sheet that will allow me to sort and filter as well as a place I can add columns to track all sorts of things I’m interested in.  I’m even going to use it to help me document redirect URLs after archiving content no longer relevant.  

Title, URL, Original Author, Date Created,  Last edited date, Last edited by , Collection,  Status, Performance 

Not sure if there is other meta data that we cannot see so let me know and maybe include that to.   

Thanks for your interest.  

Following.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

This is definately needed.  ALSO for custom answers.  Managing content without an ability to export is horrible.

We have successfully used a screen-scraper plugin on the articles page to download our list of articles.  However, the URL doesn’t show (its a hyperlink) so you may have to use an excel formula or macro to pull the url out of the link.  Also, its not the helpcenter link, but the link to use when editing the article.

In addition, it will only show up to 3 tags this way, and then you get a “+3” type indicator after that.