Answered

Default message for articles that are hidden behind login - 'The page isn't here anymore'

• 31 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Can the default message for articles that are hidden behind login can be changed? 'The page isn't here anymore' is bad user experience, especially for client user type. They are shared a link to learn more and they see with bold ‘The page isn’t here anymore’ and with really small font to maybe try logging into the platform.

icon

Best answer by Racheal 31 May 2023, 23:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Doris S Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

At the moment, Intercom does not support the ability to customize the default Help Center message.  But I totally understand where you're coming from here and think you should have more control and flexibility in this. I would love to pass this along as a feature request for the product team!

This is one of the reasons we have only applied an audience rule to a couple of  articles.

It’s a fantastic tool to prevent certain guides coming up in a search for certain users. However, I don’t like the fact that someone accessing an article via hyperlink, when they don’t match its rules, it appears as a broken link.

This is especially problematic if we want to link to a guide from an outside source (even just an email) as someone clicking on the URL likely won’t be logged in, and therefore article just looks like a broken link. 

Ideally, in my case I’d like there to be an option for the articles not to appear listed in a search or on the Help Center if user doesn’t match its rules, but be accessible if accessed via a link etc.