Answered

Is there a way to include an excerpt of an article in another article?

• 16 April 2024
  • 1 reply

In the knowledge base, we have a Glossary of Terms page. For some longer articles, I’d like to be able to pull specific terms and definitions from the Glossary of Terms page and display them in the second article. In this flow, if I needed to modify the wording of a definition, I would update it on the Glossary of Terms page, and that would flow into the second article, instead of having to update the definition in two+ articles. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 21 April 2024, 23:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @alabby !

This isn’t a behavior that our Articles feature currently supports. I’m thinking your best option would be to include the terms as hyperlinks in the actual article and those hyperlinks could connect to Anchor links within your Glossary article. That would allow a person to click on the link in the article and be taken to the definition in the glossary. I know that’s not the exact behavior that you’re trying to achieve, but that’s as close as we can get at the moment.

I’ll go ahead and flag this as a Feature Request with our team though, so they can consider it the next time they are working on updates to our Articles product!