Answered

Linking Between Articles? Does it work in Chat?

• 4 April 2023
  • 5 replies

I’ve set up a custom bot that opens a chat and provides a help article when a user clicks on an HTML element on the page. The article displays directly in the chat and describes the page they are on.

The article has links to other articles. (The links provided at the top of each article).

When I click the links from the article displayed in the chat, nothing happens. If I right click and load in a new tab from the chat, it loads the associated help center page for the article in a new tab. If I view the articles in the help center the links work between articles.

How do I add links so that they work both in articles displayed IN CHAT, and articles displayed in the help center? Is there a special URL format that works for both?

Optimally, a user should be able to navigate the articles directly in chat from the links and close the chat when they are done. Viewing the same articles in the Help Center, they should be able to navigate from the links in articles to other articles.

icon

Best answer by mateusz.leszkiewicz 19 March 2024, 15:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @Insighttful! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

Would you mind contacting us over the Messenger about this? It sounds like a potential bug, though it could be caused by an extension or some other interference on your site. Regardless, we’ll need to dig into this to investigate. Thanks!

Was there a solution to this? I am facing the same issue.

Hi, did you get any answers regarding this matter?
Linking is working on the full documentation, but fails on messenger (tested on Chrome and Safari). 

Thanks!

Hi Tom. Their customer support confirmed this as a known issue in their backlog. But they have not confirmed any timeline for this to be fixed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Tom Azernour  It’s Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

The issue with the links in the articles not opening in Messenger is fixed.