Answered

Madcap Flare synch

• 25 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi all.
Some of our documentation has been created in other documentation authoring systems. Is there a way of importing documents from a system like Madcap Flare or to import the HTML5 output that has been created by that system? And how about the other way round?

Best regards

Holger

icon

Best answer by mateusz.leszkiewicz 30 January 2024, 14:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Holger,

To import documents from a system like Madcap Flare or to import the HTML5 output created by that system, you can follow these steps:
​
1. Export your documentation from Madcap Flare or another authoring system into a suitable format.
2. Use Intercom's REST API Articles endpoint to create articles in Intercom. You can find more information on how to do this in the Intercom Developer Documentation.
​
Please note that Intercom only supports article imports from Zendesk, and there might be some limitations when using the REST API, such as not supporting custom templates or front themes and not supporting nested lists.

I hope that answer will be helpful to you.

Cheers,Β Mat from the Support Engineering Team πŸ˜€

Badge

Hi Peter,

thank you very much for the information. We will try if we can do this on our side.

Do you have any other suggestions or best practices to build an online help within Intercom?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Holger

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Peter,

Certainly. There are tonnes of informations about how to build your help centre in Intercom in our Help Centre articles.
I would start here.

Have a fantastic rest of your day!

Badge

Good Morning,

thanks a lot. I will check it.

Best regards,

Holger