Skip to main content

I have an event that comes from Stripe called "received discount" which has metadata coupon_id, percent_off, amount_off, and duration. I want to be able to create a filtered view for users that received discount with a specific coupon_id. I am able to view this event and metadata in the user profile it just appears that for filtering purposes you can only filter on date or count.

Hey @nick l14​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

At the moment, it's not possible to use event metadata to filter your users in-app.

If this is something that you'd like to see implemented in the future, make sure to drop it in our Product Wishlist Group 😊 And remember to keep your eyes on our Built For You page to stay up to date with all of our latest product announcements and updates 👀

I was just trying to answer the same question and found this page:

https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/175-set-up-event-tracking-in-intercom#h_0b88240c5d

Note that you actually state:

Metadata is perfect for filtering your customers

Given the response here, I find the above quite misleading! You might want to change the above doc, if it has misstated what you can do with event metadata.

Hello - any update on this ? Filtering with event metadata (i.e. properties) is a must have and best practice across the industry. It allows an event taxonomy in line with best practices and avoids the duplication of events e.g. 1 per property value. Also the help center is confusing …