Answered

Is it possible to create a calculated field or input data into a field based on the value of another field?

• 30 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey everyone,

What I’d like to do is create a new contact field called “App URL”. Then I’d like to autofill this information based on data from another field. For example, if email contains company.com.au then I want the App URL to be “app.company.com.au”.

Alternatively, is there a way to simply get the current page URL to use in an outbound message Action?

icon

Best answer by Eden 1 September 2023, 20:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Patrick H12 👋 Eden from the support engineer team here.

You may be able to set this up on your end with some customization. Going off of your above example, you would first need to retrieve the Contact, then you would be able to pull the email field returned in the response. From there you would want to parse the value for the email domain, then you could make a call to update the Contact in order to update a custom attribute (in this case “App URL”) to have the value of “app” + the email domain for them. 

There isn’t an attribute for “current page URL” for a user, but if you are looking to target messages based on the current page that a user is on, you would be able to do this with outbound messages by setting up a “Where to send” URL rule: