Answered

Best practices for visualizing ALL engagements through Intercom?

• 1 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Hey there friends,

We're a small startup and leaning heavily into our Intercom installation with a range of engagements from messages to email. Before I get much fancier, I decided to do an audit to think through our customer journey as they pass through our home pages and into our SaaS software.

To do this audit, I simply created a big Miro chart that identified steps. I can't be the first person to do this.

Are there best practices out there all of you big-timers can suggest?

Thanks!

~b

icon

Best answer by Keerthi 12 May 2021, 16:46

View original

1 reply

Badge +3

Hey @user667​ ,

Using Miro to make big charts is my all-time favorite thing to do. haha! It definitely lets you see things from different perspectives, deep dive into one path and then zoom back out to see the whole picture.

In my opinion, for ongoing messages (messages that I would like every user that matches a set of rules now & in the future to receive) use series to orchestrate communications. If you have clearly defined user types maybe one series per user type can keep it clean & simple.

One-off messages are just created on the fly. This includes any announcements or posts you want to run for a limited period of time.

I'll be careful not to rely too much on emails and avoid Intercom for any key emails because we've had it going to the user's spam. I'd suggest using any other transactional email system for this.

Well those are all the things I can think of for now. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Hope this helps