Answered

Can an SMS series branch into distinct paths based on user replies?

• 24 May 2023
  • 2 replies

We are hoping to build an SMS based series that takes into account user responses to determine the next message sent. It would be a minimally complex “choose your own adventure” series where user interaction via SMS response drives the chosen series path. Does anyone have any idea if this is possible? I’ve looked at the audience rules in a series but there doesn’t seem to be any rule based on an SMS reply. Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Shauna 30 May 2023, 15:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @User2335 👋🏼 Shauna here from Support! 

There is currently no way to ‘direct pathways’ in a series based on an SMS response from a user/lead. This would be a feature request - I am going to flag this with our Product Team for you 🚀

I know it may seem self explanatory, but as it's great for the Product team to be able to see why introducing particular features is so important, I'd love to know a little more on your use case here.

I can pass this information along to the team for you! 

Thanks @Shauna . We are hoping to build out an SMS “choose your own adventure” style engagement campaign. Users would opt into different topics and campaigns would walk them through educational content in the form of an interactive story that is customized based on their answers to questions in the campaign.