Answered

Can somebody please explain series wait times please?

• 3 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello

I’m new to Intercom and I’m familiarizing myself with Series.

I’m trying to create a series for on-boarding new users in our app. 

I’ll run you through the Series and any help would be appreciated. 

Entry: User Signs Up → When Matched → Welcome Email / In-app Carousel (Wait up to 30d)

The carousel highlights “How to get started. This is important for the user to see. my confusion is around the Wait period of 30 days. My concern is if the app is not opened in 30 days, they leave the series. I’ve added in a Push Message after the carousel but that won;t send until after the 30 day period, and at that stage, they won’t see the carousel. 

Is it there a simple solution to drive them to the app within 30 days to ensure they see the Welcome Carousel?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Ray

icon

Best answer by Racheal 7 November 2023, 03:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @RaymondValentine Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

If you create a did not match path for the user they will not exit the path, you could send your push message on the did not match path, like so:

When it comes to matching times on Rule blocks within a Series:

"Try to match for x time" means it will wait up to that amount of time for the person to match the rule. If they match sooner, they'll move on sooner. If they don't match in that time, they will either progress down an "if not matched" path (if you have one set up) or disengage from the path (if none are set up).

"Try to match once" means that if the person does not match the rules as soon as they reach that node they will leave the path or progress down an "if not matched" path.

• This rule doesn't allow any buffer time for users to take action and is typically better for scenarios where you won't need to wait for the user to do something (open or click on a message, take an action in your product, wait for an attribute to update, etc.). This rule is designed to immediately move them onto another message or part of the path.

series-try-to-match-differences.png